A well designed, mobile optimized website is the most important tool you will purchase for your small business.
When it comes to web design, it is far more important to focus on the marketing aspect than the graphic aspect, well at least in my opinion.
Many business owners think that since they are not selling something directly from their website, there is no point in having one… THAT IS FAR FROM THE TRUTH!
In fact, a professionally, well designed website will
- Build credibility for your business
- Instill confidence in the prospective client/customer
- Allows the consumer to check out your business first
- Generate leads for your business 24/7
- Generate new sales for your business
- And is your 24/7 sales assistant.
But what makes a good website? A well designed website must:
- Inspires visitors to take the desired action – on every page, ie pick up the phone and call
- Be visually appealing
- Have the most important information above the fold – ie your contact information
- Be easy to navigate
- Have keywords rich content that is relevant to your business and that people actually search for
- Conforms to the latest search engine optimization “rules”
- Have social media and share feature integration
- One that has a call to action on EVERY PAGE
- Be optimized to display well on all mobile devices. This is especially important for any business that is an “instant demand type of business”, such as lock smith, a Restaurant, or any emergency type of service.
Mobile Optimized Websites
Elements of a mobile site:
- Must load fast
- Show What I Need to Know Now
- Point to an offer
- Click to call option
- Easy to navigate
Remember, you only have less than 15 seconds to make a first impression.
Studies have shown that a poor quality, outdated website can hurt your business!!!!